Before and after the two world wars (1914 – 1918) and (1939 – 1945), the present day Bureti Technical Training Institute site was popularly known as Tiriitab Moita – a place for herding calves. The area was known for communal activities such as herding of calves, sporting, boxing, wrestling, athletics, dancing and more besides. Soon after independence, community leaders coined the idea of constructing an institute and The Institute begun offering TVET programmes in May 2015 and was officially unveiled by the Deputy President on 20th November same year.
Skills For Growth
To meet the socio-economic needs of the dynamic society through transformative skills-centred training, development-oriented innovation and solution-focused research
A world class polytechnic in training, research and innovation